Who We Are
The ruling body of the Vampire Court of Edmonton. We offer a true sense of community for all of Edmonton’s dark awakened and strive to give back to the community that supports us.
To provide a safe haven and family environment for all of Edmonton’s vampire community as well as give back and support the city that has supported us.
The VCE, despite certain terminology used, is mostly democratic. Every Vampire in this city has a voice and a time and place for that voice to be heard. We have a Council that will deliberate in order to ensure the will of our people and keep our relationships strong. Our bonds are deep, our trust is always earned, and our motivations are always clear. We promote being open, being free, sharing community, understanding, family and the support of our home. Edmonton as a whole is our priority, we are not introverted and we wish to see good things happen for everyone in this city.
The VCE works as a whole out in the open to do good for the community with such acts as charity and volunteer work.
Tenants of the Court
- The Vampire Court is a place for all of Edmonton’s Vampires.
- The Vampire Court is to protect all of Edmonton’s Vampires.
- The Vampire Court will govern the Vampire law for all of Edmonton’s Vampires.
- The Vampire Court is to be both fair and firm.
- The Vampire Court is not to be disrupted with mundane affairs.
- The Vampire Court is to be treated with respect.
- The Vampire Court’s Council is charged with maintaining order.
- The Vampire Court’s Council members are to be show the proper respect of their offices.
- The Vampire Court is to be democratic.
- The Vampire Court shall never die.
The Edmonton Law
- It shall ever be the Vampires of Edmonton that decide their own fate.
- There shall be no rivalry with any person or group based on race, religion, bloodline or matters of sex.
- Feeding without consent, unless feeding from ambient energy, is strictly prohibited.
- No Vampire is to use any personal ability, physical or metaphysical to attack another member of the court.
- All Vampires within the court are expected to follow human law without exception.
- No Vampire is to share information of another’s Vampiric nature to a mundane without consent. That which has been made open knowledge is not restricted.
- Vampire progeny must be approved through the Vampire Council if the childe has not awakened themselves. Turning is forbidden until approval is gained.
- Any assault against any council member will be treated as an act of treason until the Court convenes to pass judgment.
- The Vampire Council will adjudicate all issues presented unless a vote is called for.
- The Vampire Council must always rule objectively. If one can not they may be asked to step down for the issue in question.
- The Chain of command is always to be upheld and respected.
- Those found guilty of treason are to be excommunicated from the court.
- In a vote a majority Vampire ruling will always decide.
- Non-Vampires are welcomed, but they must be sponsored by a Vampire. Vampires must takes full responsibility for those they sponsor.
- Non-Vampire votes will be counted as usual unless otherwise protested for interfering with the will of the Vampire majority.
- Non-Vampires are to be treated as guests and shown respect.
- Non-Vampires are to show proper respect as guests.
- Any court member may call for a vote at any time.
- Votes must grounded for a month until they can be voted on again.
- All Vampires within the territories of Edmonton are subject to this court’s laws and rulings.
- All Vampires within the Edmonton territories are expected to make formal introductions to the court through contact with a council member.
- All Edmonton Vampires traveling to another territory are expected to make proper introductions to those who rule in that territory with the exception of free states.
- All Edmonton Vampires are expected to abide the laws of any territory they visit unless that law places someone in harm’s way.
- Enemies of the court are not to be received. Those proven traitors, those whom have been excommunicated, or those that wish us harm shall be cast out. We shall not acknowledge them in any way, they will become as ghosts without
**Special thanks to Vampire Court of Austin for allowing us to use their rules and laws as guides for the Court of Edmonton